Thursday, July 8, 2010

5 Months Old

I think I've accepted the fact that I will constantly be uttering the words, "I can't believe she's already ____ old". I am quite the cliche. Time is moving so quickly and I just believe how big my baby girl is getting.

Olivia,

Just two weeks ago (your mom has been busy!), marked the 5 month mark from which my world was forever changed. In your short time on Earth, you've shown me more joy and love than I ever thought possible.

Last month you mastered rolling over, and just one day before your 5 month birthday, you decided to surprise us all by sitting up. And, not only for brief snippets of time - you are full fledged sitting baby! And, I had no idea how much that would change our world. You do not want to be reclined at all, and are often pulling yourself into a sitting position while in your bouncy seat or swing, so keeping you strapped in is more important than ever.


Your smile is so big, and you grin from ear to ear when mommy and daddy give you lots of kisses on your cheeks and belly. You love it when we makes faces and sing to you. The "Raindrops" song gets you everytime.


Phones, remotes and mommy's water bottle have become some of your favorite things to chew on. Really anything that we're drinking grabs your attention. You still LOVE to be outside and we try to take advantage when the weather isn't blistering hot.

For as rough of a start as you had (my poor reflux baby) mommy and daddy can't believe what a good-natured child you've turned out to be. I don't ever think you'll be much of a napper (we get a good one out of you every few days, but you're fond of the 30 minute cat naps - and they seem to be all you need), but you sleep so well at night, usually only waking once between 4:00 and 5:00.

From Father's Day - Your shirt says "Daddy does my hair"

When you get excited you love to grab either side of mommy's face or hair, pull me close, and give me a sort of open mouthed kiss all over my face and chin. The strength of your grip is astouding and forces me to keep up with trimming your nails so as not to do any permament damage. Grandma affectionately calls this "the claw". :)


Daddy and I are still in awe at the fact that we made such an incredible human being. You are truly the best thing we've ever done, and I hope that you'll always know how much we love you.

21 comments:

LC said...

Seriously, Lisa...she looks like a doll. Literally, a doll. She is so stinking cute...I can't get over it!

Amanda said...

Lisa - she is absolutely adorable! Those cheeks are scrumptious! Glad to hear that your sister is doing better :)

carrie1 said...

she is too cute! and all that hair is amazing.

Aimee said...

Glad to hear your sister is better! Olivia is absolutely adorable!!

Amy said...

omg, she is just adorable and she is so sweet. happy 5 months little girl! yes, i keep saying that too. i can't believe.....oh man they grow too fast!!!

Sarah said...

i can't get over how adorable she is. her hair kills me! :)

cassi said...

You have one seriously cute baby girl! Her hair and eyes, wow she is soooo adorable!!

Maria said...

She is so beautiful, and I love that "daddy does my hair" shirt. :)

Julia said...

she is so mature! I love her to death and hope you can keep posting pics as able. Girl, I hear you about blogging and working...insanity!

Emily said...

Oh she is so beautiful! She looks so happy and she has so much hair!

Mary said...

Um, I don't even know what to say at this point. How can you stand the cuteness? That one of her in the yellow outfit on her back on the floor is adorable. I keep saying to Jason, "look at this baby!"

I'm so glad your sister is better. What a scary experience and to be so far away from her must have been really hard.

Angie said...

I LOVE those pix of her, she is absolutely precious and gorgeous! You are so blessed!

Katie said...

Lisa, she's adorable. I think that's the most hair I've ever seen on a 5 month old!

Mrs.LifeAccounts said...

oh my gosh she is too cute! And her hair is incredible!

Lynsey T said...

She is beautiful! Her little smile is the sweetest thing!

Rainyday said...

Too flippin' cute!!!!!

sugarmouse said...

what a little lady!! :D such a gorgeous smile.

A Love Worth Waiting For.... said...

I just found your blog and I LOVE it!!!! I'm looking forward to getting to know more about you and your adorable family!

Natalie and Lee said...

Your daughter is a doll!!:)

theselittlemoments said...

Where did you go???

willtherebecake said...

Holy crap it's been forever since you blogged! How's Olivia?!