Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Four Months Old

I really can't believe it, but today my little angel is four months old. Where has the time gone? My heart breaks at the fact that we are a third of the way to her first birthday. She is growing up so fast. But, I can also say that she gets to be even more fun every single day. Her personality and smiles only get bigger. She really is such a joy and although it seems impossible, I love her more everyday.

What can I say about the last month other than it's been a whirlwind. I've returned to work, which I'd have to say hasn't been as miserable as I worried it would be, and we're settling into a bit of a routine.

I am consistently blown away at how Olivia takes in the world around her. She loves to keep busy and engage in new activities. So much so, that she has recently become easily distracted when eating. If someone else is in the room, she'll pull away and turn at the sound of their voice. And then, once they've stopped talking she's still sure to look back a few more times to see if they're still there. What's even crazier... Just a few days ago she rolled over for the first time!! She did it twice in a row from her back to her stomach. I couldn't believe it.

I just cannot say enough how much I love being her mother. It truly is one of life's greatest gifts and am so thankful for her health and happiness. And, while I've failed a bit in the picture department as these are a few weeks old (she's even bigger and her hair's even longer now), I still couldn't resist sharing them.

21 comments:

Lynsey T said...

She is absolutely gorgeous! I'm so happy that returning to work was easier than expected.

Heather said...

Shes a doll!!

carrie1 said...

Look at all that hair! =)

Kristal said...

Her hair is just too much!! So cute. And I love the pics of her in the Bumbo. Isaac is so darn fat that he barely fits in his, haha.

willtherebecake said...

I don't comment much, but oh my goodness those photos of her smiling in her cute little jeans...PRECIOUS! And the hair!!

Amber @ A Little Pink in the Cornfields said...

She's adorable!!!! I agree with everyone else, her hair is just the sweetest! :)

LC said...

Oh my lord....I didn't think she could get any cuter! But she is! So beautiful, Lisa. I am so happy that you are so happy!

Mary said...

Can't stand it! She's too cute! And with those little jeans! I'm happy to hear that you've settled into a routine since going back to work. It must be better than ever to come home now!

Sarah @ Hennessey House said...

oh. my. goodness. cuteness overload. gosh she is gorgeous.

Amy said...

Aw, she is too cute. brady is super jealous of the hair, lol. glad things are good!! btw, our kids are almmost exactly 3 months apart, lol

Emily said...

She's so pretty! I love her expression in the last 2 photos. =-)

Jennelle said...

She is just so adorable, Lisa! Love that hair. :)

Kendra said...

She is absolutely adorable.! I am so happy for you.!

Julia said...

I love her jeans so much. She is like a little woman in those pics!

N. said...

She is so beautiful, Lisa! I can't believe she is 3 months... wow.

Angie said...

Those last 2 pix are SO effing cute! I'm with you, I can't believe how much I love being a mommy and I thank God everyday that he gave Nick to me. We are so lucky!

Maria said...

She has grown so much and her hair is adorable!!!

Dana said...

She is a cutie. Happy four month b-day

I'm Molly said...

She is so cute. Love all that hair!

Walking With The Wheats said...

I LOVE her hair! Adorable!!I just made it to your blog through the amazing blog highway. I love that you are also a missouri blogger!

britbride.com said...

she is adorable!

Julia
www.britbride.com