See, my sister is moving to Arizona. I will, for a moment, put aside the fact that I have no idea how I'm going to deal with her living so far away. We're only 18 months apart, have always been very close, and have never gone any real length of time without seeing one another. But this isn't about me...
In any case, this is where I'm hoping for a little help. She will be working in the Tempe area, but is looking into living in either Tempe, Scottsdale or Phoenix. She will be renting an apartment, preferably a loft, and is at a bit of a loss as to where she wants to be. She will be flying down sometime in the next week to look at places and hopefully decide on a place. Anyone out there who has any advice, connections, recommendations PLEASE feel free to offer them. She could use all the help she can get.
Here's what we know so far:
- Phoenix - Great selection of loft spaces at great prices, but more of an up and coming area. May not be the ideal location for her.
- Tempe - College town. Will this single 27-year-old end up living near a bunch of drunken frat boys?
- Scottsdale - Biggest drawback is probably price for what she wants and the fact that it's known for being a bit "uppity". May be the best in terms of "to do's" around town.
What she's looking for:
- Location - Needs to be in a fun, safe area. She's is moving to Arizona not knowing anyone and would love to be in the middle of all the action.
- Amentities - A community/high rise that includes a pool, possible a gym, etc. Once again, she's going to be meeting a lot of new people so an environment that facilitates that is a plus.
- Preferably a loft style space with updates - granite countertops, newer fixtures, etc.
She has recently aquired the help of a local "apartment finder" if you will, and I think they've zoned in on North Scottsdale. Anyone have anything good or bad to say about the area? Other places to look? Recommendations for shopping, eating, etc?? And, if you just so happen to live in the area and are interested in making a new friend, let me know :).